Through a long history of gear manufacturing, Flender-Graffenstaden has acquired the know-how and the experience to be a leader in the field of high speed gears. The industrial site of Strasbourg (France) has developed a tradition in high performance gear units for more than 60 years and through 13 000 references for the Power Generation and the Oil & Gas industries (speed reducer or increaser, auxiliary and special gearboxes)
- 1837 : The group “Etablishements de Strasbourg” is founded.
- 1841 : Start of machining tools manufacturing.
- 1844 : Production of railwayequipment.
- 1872 : The company “Société Alsacienne de constructions Mécaniques” is born.
- 1900 : “Société Alsacienne ( SACM ) starts up its own foundry.
- 1904 : Production begins for Ettore Bugatti.
- 1945 : Start up of SACM’s own gear division.
- 1949 : Design of the first “Turbo” Gear.
- 1965 : The Graffenstaden factory becomes ALCATEL.
- 1984 : Creation of GRAFFENSTADEN ENGRENAGES.
- 1988 : Take-over by the personnel (51%) and Flender (49%).
- 1993 : The Flender group takes 100% interest.
- 2005 : SIEMENS AG took over Flender AG including Flender-Graffenstaden S.A.S.
BECAUSE THE BEST QUALITY MEASUREMENT IS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Flender-Graffenstaden designs, manufactures, markets and maintains speed reducers and increasers for the global energy, oil and chemical industries.
Today you, our customer, are looking for optimised technical solutions at competitive prices. We aim to build and sustain long-term partnership relationships based on trust.
We are committed to improving continuously the quality, costs and timeframes of our processes and organisation in order to meet your requirements and expectations.
Planning, developing, verifying and acting are the keywords in our ongoing improvement initiative. This is why we attach the highest importance to achieving and maintaining ISO 9001 certification and we encourage all our staff to develop real “quality awareness”. All Flender-Graffenstaden employees are fully engaged and involved in implementing the company’s quality targets to ensure that the quality of our work meets with total customer satisfaction.